23.2K views

I am a student of Penn Foster.I was accused cheating,because I progressed through the program rapidly.I am fifty-two years old and have worked countless hours for the last five months on my program,to obtain my high school diploma.I was six test away from completing the program when I recieved a letter in the mail stating that disiplinary action would be taken against me. Penn Foster requested that I write a letter explaining how I progessed through the program rapidly.

I recieved a email that additional testing would be required.I am completing the aditional testing now.Penn Foster is considering these test as make-up exams with the highest obtainable grade a 70%.I had an average of over 90%,but with this testing considered as make-up examinations my average will be only 70%. I thought this program was work at your own pace.

Review about: Penn Foster Program.

Comments

I hope things work out for you as I am also enrolled. I usually study during the week as I work all weekend. Sometimes I sneak a little bit in at work.

Penn foster sucks..im a licensed electrician for over 30 years..my current job is requiring i take the electrical course. Its ridiculous and a waste of my time..the test is outdated and a joke..i breeze through and they say im cheating..

About how many tests can I take a day before they accuse me of cheating? I'm super fast but don't want to blow through it and get kicked out.

to Colton #1518930

you can take 15 test a week, but once you reach about 10-12 test they say you're moving to fast i recommend to do about 10 test a week

I've read this and i honestly a little concerned that i will be accused of cheating because i blow threw the sections and exams all because i am a very fast reader. I can go through about three sections in maybe 2 hours...

I am having time to work now because I do not have my kids and now they are telling me I’m moving to fast for my exams. So are they telling me to slow down? I’m so confused some of this is not new to me I only had issues with science in high school

I received an email as well when I was not working stating I was rapidly moving along in my studies. I just explained to them via email ( and I called them) that I was a Stay-at-home mom so all I would do is print my studies and read them as I went along my day.

They cleared me with no issues. They just want to make sure you are in fact reading the material.

This helps them stay accredited. Hope this helps

Can you just take the exams and skip the other stuff I’m trying to get in the military as fast as I can please reply thank you

to Anonymous #1472530

to Anonymous #1486515

good questio. i was wondering of the same

Raleigh, North Carolina, United States #1290855

I am a current Penn Foster student, and I would say that you were cheating, as I can see your grammar is really bad. Sorry but that is the way I think.

to Rudy Lula, Georgia, United States #1325611

Well your grammar isn't much better. What are your grades like?

to Sehena #1413101

RUDE.

to Rudy Arbil, Erbil, Iraq #1347071

Hey Rudy, I don't think the guys grammar was very bad at all, who are you to make a comment like that ? Rudy is a *** name... Sorry but that is the way I think.

to Rudy #1444867

That’s the most stupid *** I’ve ever heard. ***

to Rudy #1449114

It clearly states this person is 52 years of age. I am also a current Penn Foster student, and I don't really think your comment was necessary.

This school is a work at your own pace and I don't think people should be deducted for going fast. If that's how they learn then they shouldn't have to retake exams and barley get a passing grade if they had completed it.

Lakeland, Florida, United States #1272055

Haha, it does allow you to use an open book but you can not take too much advantage of it. Starting school online with Penn Foster for me I noticed the worksheets (task) they ask you to do and I wasn't sure if they wanted you to complete them and turn them in somehow or just print, complete, and keep.

So I called and asked to make sure..and the lady told me that it is not a must but she advised me to complete & save them along the way just for exact cases/reasons like this of what you went through.

So basically if a student wants complete courses at a rapid pace then you are going to have to show proof that you were actually reading through and completing things with knowledge you actually learned about/from the subjects in your own words in order to have them fairly give you your diploma. That is why I am thankful that even before I even called and asked I indeed were completing the task worksheets along the way just in case.

ive been in penn foster since November 2015 and im wating to take my final. I had 56 test to take.

im a job corps and now there is a pass word that we have to get by our teacher before we take a test. we all have it hear at job corps.

and we all almost got done in a matter of a couple of months. so I wonder what there going to do with us.

to Jim Street Atlanta, Georgia, United States #1203509

But now at job Corps they made it to where I can only take a certain amount of exams then you have to do community service I had to get all my credits and I'm stuck on it cause I don't wanna fail now

After reading your review I am sure that you were cheating. There is no way you can pass a college course with spelling and grammar like yours.