Williamsport, Ohio
1.3K views
5.0
Additional Fees
Equipment Quality

I took the course about 2 yrs. ago,u can fly though the course but I found from being involved as a mechanic for yrs u need the hands on too.So I bought tools that did not cost to much , so far this yr. I have helped a lot a family and friends with mower,or.washers,,*** wackers.Let me tell u if you want to be a good troubleshooter u need the books and hands on.The small engine coarse was very inexpensive had very much information in the books that u can keep going back to because they are yours to keep.I got a average grade for the course of I think 97% but I still needed that hands on to be confident.I feel good now with the hands on and if I want can make some money on the side.Its all up to u what u want to get out of it.Another course u can take is Lincoln tech auto motive school I took that years ago I think I paid about $5500.00 for the course not to much hands on there either I don't think u want to go there now I heard it is $20,000 to $ 25,000 so it's your choose.I hope u make a good choice put your mind to it u can do what ever u want if u put your mind to it,with u luck brother

This reviewer shared experience about "iam happy for the sm.engine course i took i might take another coarse in th near future" and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). The author is overall satisfied with Penn Foster. Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Penn Foster.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Education category for more informed decision or compare Penn Foster to other companies on our site.

Comments

West Chester Township, Ohio, United States #1333860

Here is my take on it. From my understanding Penn-Foster is a reputable school and has been in business for years (started out as a school for miners in 1890 by Thomas J.

Foster). I want to take the small engine repair course offered by them, but at this time I don't work for health reason. However, with that said when I get my back fixed and get back to work I will be taking this course. Back in February of 2004 I graduated from the "Foley-Belsaw Institute of Small Engine Repair", but the problem was the material was very outdated and taught only small engine repair and nothing was mentioned on how push mowers, lawn tractors, and their associated parts worked.

Nothing was mentioned in the course on the topic of lawn tractor transmissions.

Penn Foster's Small engine repair covers these topics and more. I have read some reviews by people that have taken this course and it seem to me that it is worth taking.

Thank you.

Hondo, Texas, United States #1251161

I want to enroll in the small engine repair program.I want to know if its worth it?